Anybody who has registered can use ‘Help on Tap’.
It’s a ‘single front door’ where staff, volunteers and trustees of not for profit groups can obtain support and help from:
- a network of over 300 peers, working or volunteering in the Oxfordshire voluntary sector
- experts belonging to 6 different Oxfordshire infrastructure groups (OCVA, Oxfordshire Youth, Oxfordshire Community Foundation, Student Hubs, Community First Oxfordshire and CAG Oxfordshire)
- Oxfordshire businesses willing to share skills, ‘pro bono’, on topics such as law, accounts, IT, research and insurance.
Ready to get involved? Simply click on “ask a question” and follow these guidelines
- Choose a title for your post – something that catches the essence of what you need help with, or are sharing
- Choose a category – this should be the county (e.g. Oxfordshire) that you are based in.
- Choose a label – different labels (e.g. legal, IT etc) will result in different experts being notified of your question
- Give more detail about your question in the ‘description box’
- Click on ‘post question‘ – job done!
Receiving answers – on average each question gets 2.9 answers. Peers get your questions sent to them as part of a weekly digest (sent out on Tuesdays) so that’s when most answers are posted.
Give it a go…